We over here at CatchallRat Studios love to play a wide variety of games, so we are now running a blog to show what we like/dislike about the ones we own/play.
Driver: San Francisco is a driving game, but is also more than that. You can race, chase down suspects as a member of the police force, drive quick as you run from the police in a high stakes all or nothing police chase, or just go for a ride. This is all done by an interesting concept called shifting. You can shift out of your character's body and into any other characters as long as they are driving a land vehicle. These vehicles can include anything from cars to trucks to buses (trains and motorcycles are not included in the game). You are not able to run over any pedestrians or (unless on Wii) use guns. But in lieu of that you do have a variety of things to do mission-wise. There are side missions (known as city missions), and story missions. You are able to use more than one car in some missions (i.e. destroy a car using oncoming traffic, targeting the motor of the car rather than the rear) and are well adjusted to where you are in the game.
There are a few things I can say I didn't like. I really could have used more vehicles, maybe even an expansion pack or two. It would have been interesting to use boats or maybe even helicopters, but there again it's a game based around driving cars so it doesn't really matter that there weren't any. I would've liked a bit of an epilogue (spoiler: The game just ends and kicks you back to the world in shift mode). Multiplayer could've used it's own kind of story mode.
All in all it is a good game, especially if you are looking for a game that is good in both single-player or split-screen. I really have enjoyed playing, with very few missions that I had to retry several times. I can honestly say that it is a pretty good game.
No comments:
Post a Comment